From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
Sent:Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:18:56 -0400
Subject:Re: [SCIART] Swapping measurement scales in Photoshop extended

I haven't customized my measurement settings so don't seem to have
this file, but try here:
User/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings/Measurement
Scales.psp
On Mar 12, 2014, at 6:19 PM, Geoff Thompson  wrote:
Dear All,

	             In my photographic imaging system all the
Canon lenses are calibrated at each magnification setting of each
lens. So I can insert a measurement scale in Photoshop Extended using
image analysis.

	I was sent an updated file some time back but it turned out I had a
different extension tube on my 1.4x teleconverter. So there were
errors. I’ve just spent days checking and correcting where necessary
every setting.

	I now need to change these settings on a Mac used with our portable
system offsite.

	I believe I will have to do this manually, using the measurements
I’ve recorded but this will take many hours.

	By contrast this is how I was instructed to change the file on a
Windows system.

	"How to swap out an old measurement file in Photoshop CS3, 4, 5 or 6

	Right click the new PS measurement file you have and select copy.

	Go into control panel
Control PanelAppearance and Personalization
Then select show hidden files.
Then go here on the C drive

	C:UsersUserAppDataRoamingAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS6Adobe Photoshop CS6
Settings

	Remove your old measurement file (Save it first) and paste in the new
one.
The next time you use the measurements in PS you will have ALL the
settings.
I would strongly recommend that you copy the old file and save it
somewhere safe in the event you wish to revert back or need it to
verify a measurement on an older file.

	Path in Windows to place the PS measurement file.

	C:UsersUserAppDataRoamingAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS6Adobe Photoshop CS6
Settings"

	The file is called "Measurement Scales.psp".

	I checked with our IT guy who knows Macs (but is not a Photoshop
expert) but he didn't think there was a way of quickly installing it
on a Mac.

	I thought I would ask if any of you know of a way round this problem.

	Thanks,

	Geoff

	Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
instructions at
http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv [2]

	Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
instructions at
http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv [3]

Email sent using Optus Webmail

Links: