Hi,

I am a researcher at Erasmus University in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, working on money, currency and their role in ‘market design’. After looking at various ‘schools’ within Economics, it seems to me that Institutionalism and Evolutionary Economics are critical areas to examine for my research. My interest in economics started with a reading of Veblen, but when I try to get into institutional research today, I find the arena extremely confusing! I am currently reading Malcolm Rutherford’s “Institutions in Economics: The Old and the New Institutionalism” to get my bearings straight before I explore further.

In the meantime, I was wondering if any of you might be kind enough to recommend readings that cover the Institutionalist perspective on money/currency (all flavours of institutionalism welcome)

Also, suggestions on ‘core readings’ or ‘seminal works’ on institutions and evolutionary economics would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karthik