Unfortunately, there is much more to this issue than is easily publicly available.  Their Royal Majesties, Mistress Lynette and I have already put in much time since April 1st.  Due to the nature of our positions, we cannot share everything with the populace at this time.

Trust me, I wish I could shout the facts from the mountaintops.  But right now is not the time to make this any more public than it already is.

I also ask that people do not make assumptions .

The quote from the Exchequer's handbook regarding "Metal Tokens or Artifacts" is directly related to a completely different issue from several years ago.  A gentle approached the Society about creating a "coin of the realm."  When the BoD decided not to pursue that idea, they had the Society Exchequer establish a rule against it so that other well intentioned individuals would not work towards something that the Society will never adopt.

That quote has nothing to do with the current issue.

Please don't speculate openly about what you think may be the issues involved.  Speculation will only cloud the issue, making a resolution more difficult to achieve.

Lastly, I wish to make it clear that Their Royal Majesties, Mistress Lynette and I acted in good faith.  We believe our program is in compliance with published financial policy.  However, until the BoD makes a decision regarding the Guest Passes, the program is in hiatus.

So, to sum it up in four sentences.
1. Sorry, but we can't tell you everything, yet.
2. Please avoid speculation as it only makes our jobs harder.
3. We acted in good faith.
4. Until the BoD announces a decision, the Guest Pass program is on hold.

I remain a servant of Calontir and ALL of her populace.
Maighster Murdoch, Calon Steward