People make mistakes, through the best of intentions. Speculation on rationales, motives, morals, etc. is destructive and should be avoided at all costs.

But the best way -- in fact the only way -- to avoid speculation is transparency and open communication. As we have all learned once again.

Mathurin
Non nobis solum