I was there as well.  It was the Investiture of Cire and Elizabeth as our final Territorial Prince and Princess.
 It was certainly Cire and Elizabeth who created Pavel as the first OAF.

It is worth noting that Pavel also served Elizabeth as her Princess' Champion.

As I have mentioned previously, the "model" was the Order of the Dragon's Meat, into which King Talymar and Queen Eislinn inducted Stephan Ironhand for his birthday singing.

The thugs were, in fact, Pavel's "household".  I will ask Fionna about when they were started.

Pavel was created an OAF approximately 10 months before the death of Sir William and the others from Couer d'Ennui, on the way to the Coronation of King Shadan and Queen Erzebet.

Andrixos

It is my recollection that the idea was actually older, but Pavel was the first official Oaf. The OAF grew out of a desire to remember Baron Sir William Coeur de Boeuf, and his Thugs, and Thugs-in-Training.

'wela, who was there, duly following Lizzie around like a lap dog

Tá súil agam ach mo chroí