Hi, Mag Mor and Lonely Tower folk.
Yes, the Shakespeare Festival is this Saturday, April 26, in
Elwood, NE, sponsored by the Elmwood Public Library at 124 W D St, Elmwood, NE 68349.
The festival opens to the public at 10 am and closes at 5 pm
(NOTE! This is later than I'd said earlier.) Please try to be
there at 8 am to set up.
We'll have a sunshade, a list field, and demonstration tables to
set up, then we'll need to be dressed and ready for action....
ideally no later than 9:45!!
SCA combat is scheduled at 10:45, 11:45, 12:30 and 2:30. For
fighters, so far I've got: Felix, Seraphina, Raynaldus, and Osric.
No emcee yet... asking for more fighters, if enough, maybe Osric can
For A&S demos, this is what I know about:
- Food samples of Ginger Brede and Shrewsbury Cakes (will need
someone to "hawk" them) provided by Gwyneth and Dianium --
- Camera Obscura (will need someone explain and demo it to
public -- Owain, Astrid? per Natalya's directions)
- Hand sewing & Embroidery: Caterine, Morgana, Cat?
- Spinning, spinning wheel: Sashatec, Haldora?
- Wrapped Wire Rings: Carlos
- Callig'd names: Isabeau, Isadora
- Weaving: maybe Berinike, Isadora can provide loom for someone
to demo on....
- Art Education: Natalya
- Music: Volkmar, Zino, others if singing
- Bardic: Ingeborg
- Scroll Painting: William & Krystyn (LT)
- Assist with Photo Booth: Etionette
- Carpet Knotting: Natalya (maybe not both things?)
Okay, I've probably forgotten someone.... just remind me.
For those who I've called/texted, please let me know whether you
can attend or not. Thanks!
I will try to get a more specific location for our set up before