I believe that we are planning to attend. I will have my armor. Sorry for the late notice, school is getting the better of us.
Fælinx and Halldora
Hello, Mag Mor folk!
CC: Lonely Tower, too
As many of you know, Mag Mor has a demo scheduled for Saturday,
April 26th, in Elmwood, NE, from 10 am to 2 pm. Elmwood is about
half an hour east of Lincoln on O S/Hwy 34, and just a bit north on
Hwy 1. I think there is or will be construction on Hwy 34 that may
make the trip a few minutes more.
The town/library/NE Humanities Council has put together a
Shakespeare Festival, with actors, singers, jugglers, etc. Their
concept is to create a street scene of Shakespeare's time.
To coordinate the demo, I need to know who can
please let me know by
Thursday evening (Apr 3rd) if you can attend.
So far, at a meeting about a month ago, Natalya, Katerine,
Carlos & Isabeau, Ettionete [?] and Owain thought they'd be able
to attend, but I'd appreciate confirmation of that since life tends
to happen over a month's time! We'd certainly need more people than
just those six anyway!
If you can attend, what you can demonstrate? I've told Carrie
Nunez, the contact, that there are some things I'm pretty sure of:
- Calligraphy of names (Isabeau, Isadora)
- Food samples (medieval gingerbrede and Shrewsbury cakes -
pre-baked, small samples wrapped, maybe young people could
- Weaving (Isadora can bring rigid-heddle loom for people to
play on, can someone bring a card-weaving project?)
- Combat: either live steel combat -- if enough steel
combatants are available -- or rattan weapon combat (easier to
find the people, but it's earlier in time period, so doesn't fit
as well with the festival theme) -- maybe both? REALLY depends
on who is available!! We'll also need an emcee, and probably
- Hand sewing, embroidery (Katerine?)
- Camera Obscura (Natalya, could you bring it?)
- We will also be supplying the garb for the photographer....
(Ettionete assisting there?) DO WE NEED TO SUPPLEMENT WITH
LOANED GEAR FROM THE GROUP? SHIRTS? HATS? ACCESSORIES/GEAR?
Some things that we probably
- Spinning (making yarn/thread) -- depends on who can attend
- "Street bardic" -- a strolling person to sing and/or tell
stories to small groups of 2 or 3 -- maybe Ingeborg per
discussion at meeting two weeks ago?
And some things that we may possibly
- Hammer Dulcimer player (if Volkmar doesn't go to Melon Wars)
- Dancing (if Omaha SCA group wants to help -- although
LT aid for JAV on May 17 is a much higher priority!)
- Scroll painting -- maybe Carlos?
- Hand-knotted carpet-making -- maybe Natalya? Or,
alternatively, whatever Natalya would like to demo!
I told Carrie we can bring a 15 x 20 sunshade (V & I's), any
tables that we need (probably V & I's), list ropes (from
storage?), and our own chairs/stools and banners.
I've asked about the availability of lunch at the festival or if we
need to bring our own. I will share her reply.
I will also see how early we can set up. How does 8:00 am sound for
one sunshade, a list field, tables & demo gear, and maybe a tent
to store fighter gear? We've got to be completely ready by 10
Oh, and for those who can participate, please try to wear later
period garb if
you have some available. Shakespeare is
definitely late SCA!