I use Thunderbird. it's pretty good, generally not buggy or problematic.
My biggest complaint is not being able to change the subject line easily
(as when a discussion thread is going and someone veers off into another
topic, but doesn't change the subject line). I have a little app that
allows me to change the subject line, but I have to do it for each item
in the thread individually, and the changed topics still remain in the
original thread. this may be a problem with other programs as well, I
don't know.

Mail has always given me fits and I don't know why. I stopped using it
when it started to ask continuously for my passwords, on various
accounts (I have several), over and over again. that happened even after
OS upgrades and various other things I tried to fix the problem. i gave
up and went to Thunderbird.

Gail

On 4/28/14 12:45 PM, Marjorie Leggitt wrote:
> Google versus another email provider I'm looking to change my email
> provider and email app. I'd love to hear what providers and programs
> the List Servers use -- and any pros/cons of each.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marj
> Leggitt Design
> 303.394.0566
> http://www.science-art.com/leggitt_
> /
> Chair of the 2014 //GNSI Conference -- Boulder CO
> July 13-19, 2014
> _https://www.conf.gnsi.org/
> _/

> instructions at