I've been using Thunderbird for a while now, mostly because Microsoft
apps, Explorer, Outlook are such targets for hacking. Because Microsoft
was stopping support for Windows XP, and I'd maxed out the memory on my
Dell, I got a new computer last month, and decided to go with Mac. I
didn't have any problems in Thunderbird switching systems. Only little
gripe I have is getting interrupted by the "compact folders" function,
but luckily it only takes a second.

Pam