I've been using Thunderbird for a while now, mostly because Microsoft apps, Explorer, Outlook are such targets for hacking. Because Microsoft was stopping support for Windows XP, and I'd maxed out the memory on my Dell, I got a new computer last month, and decided to go with Mac. I didn't have any problems in Thunderbird switching systems. Only little gripe I have is getting interrupted by the "compact folders" function, but luckily it only takes a second.

Pam