Thanks Ron. that is indeed pretty cool!
Annie

www.annerunyon.com
www.gnsi.org/profile/anne-marshall-runyon

From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Ron Ruff
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Back up - another aspect to consider!

If anyone is still interested, here is a video about Facebook's cloud. I thought it was pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Rgje94iI0

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Precisely.  "The cloud" is just another part of "the web."  The latter is a good hacker's paradise. Where do you suspect Target and Adobe and everyone else stores their customers' financial info, in a file cabinet in the main office?  I realize one could say the same about bank vaults, home safes, and personal hard drives, as there are risks in any such effort to conceal important data.  Or jewelry.  To me, however, avoiding the risk of internet theft is rather easy: don't store financial info on the web.