As some one who deals with  gov a lot call first thing in morning. Calling on a Friday is probably a lost cause. Monday am would be better. If this is not a crisis I would try to get them to resolve  it before canceling payment. If you cancel payment it's one more thing that has to get cleared up.

Liz