Your question led me to a couple of places, which might or might not be useful to you? They show all web ref. shade of gray #. In any case I found it pretty interesting. The world of colors is an amazing one!
http://www.december.com/html/spec/color0.html
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp
Good luck,
Aurore

Aurore Simonnet - Scientific Illustrator
NASA EPO - Sonoma State University
http://epo.sonoma.edu