I'll agree with Emily. They just increased the total costs too, so the
monthly went up quite a bit. Despite that, I do like the fact that the
upgrades are automatic, and the fact that you have access to EVERY
program and feature they offer, not just the main programs. I didn't
think that would be a big deal, but I discovered Muse, which is like
iWeb on steroids, and I use it to put my website together (no coding,
interface much like InDesign); it saved me from blowing my mind on
Dreamweaver, which i do not have the time or patience for. I've used
Adobe Forms Central, too. You have access to all their web fonts, all
the support, and Behance, which I haven't used but looks intriguing. You
can host your Muse website through them for free. There are other
availabilities too.

To some extent, it's more than I need, usually, but having all of that
available is a nice perk. Who knows? I might need other programs in the
future. They keep adding and enhancing what they offer as well.

Gail

On 4/28/14 12:20 PM, Emily S. Damstra wrote:
> Marj, in my humble opinion, having to use subscription-based software
> (i.e. Creative Cloud) is inevitable. You could postpone it for a
> little while if you like, but I'm presuming that eventually a
> subscription will be the only option. I think software by monthly
> subscription is actually a great idea because I don't like to pay for
> upgrades which mean that I skip versions which leads to a steeper
> learning curve when I finally do upgrade. It's the /amount /of Adobe's
> monthly fee that I find frustrating.
>
> ---
> *Emily S. Damstra*
> natural science illustration
> Waterloo, Ontario
> (519) 616-3654
> *[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>*
> www.emilydamstra.com <http://www.emilydamstra.com>
> emilydamstra.wordpress.com <http://emilydamstra.wordpress.com>
>

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Marjorie Leggitt
>
>     I know this discussion has been on the List-Serv before, but now
>     with CC out for some time and CS6 now 2 years old, I thought
>     I^(TM)d pose the question again. Is it a good idea to purchase
>     Creative Suite 6 (now, 2 years old) or jump to the Cloud?
>
>     I only use Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop and idea
>     of one more monthly fee is really frustrating.
>
>     All comments/opinions are welcome.
>
>     Marj
>     Leggitt Design
>     303.394.0566 <tel:303.394.0566>
>     [log in to unmask] <http:[log in to unmask]>
>     http://www.science-art.com/leggitt_
>     /
>     Chair of the 2014 //GNSI Conference " Boulder CO
>     July 13-19, 2014
>     _https://www.conf.gnsi.org/
>     _/

>     Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the
>     instructions at
>     http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv

> instructions at

Gail Guth