What's wrong with Gmail?  Easy to use as it keeps all the to and fros in one file.  Also fairly good spam filtering.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I use Thunderbird. it's pretty good, generally not buggy or problematic. My biggest complaint is not being able to change the subject line easily (as when a discussion thread is going and someone veers off into another topic, but doesn't change the subject line). I have a little app that allows me to change the subject line, but I have to do it for each item in the thread individually, and the changed topics still remain in the original thread. this may be a problem with other programs as well, I don't know.

Mail has always given me fits and I don't know why. I stopped using it when it started to ask continuously for my passwords, on various accounts (I have several), over and over again. that happened even after OS upgrades and various other things I tried to fix the problem. i gave up and went to Thunderbird.

Gail