Thank you, again.

I can adjust the size of a partition at initial setup, along with the number, by using Mac Utility>Partitions. But not now, doing what I want. I can't add space to an existing partition that has data, yes.

I'm shopping for new drives, although they've gotten less expensive for the storage, it's still not what I wanted to do today.
If I had the time and energy, I'd consolidate all my various external hard drives into one RAID system. In a world that was perfect.  while in haste, I may just drag and drop the important files, and deal with this when I get back in town.

I'm looking at LaCie and Seagate and OWC-mercury Elite AL Pro (got one of those that I"m using now).. I've had several Hitachi's that were/are quite good. But I just keep making them redundant so if one finally goes it won't be disastrous.

Cheers! and thanks again,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325