              ___
http://www.sofyalarus.info
                      {o,o}
"Mir znachit Pax Romanov"
                  (__(|
"Et nunc et semper, etiam atque etiam, et discere et exquire et
alia."          -^-^-`

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Berry Canote <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hail Tibor!
>
>  I am thankful for the Academy of St. Gabriel. It is an amazing resource,
> but even then someone needs to know what they are looking for and where to
> look. on their site.

The Database of Medieval Names is indexing the names from St. Gabriel.  I
find it very useful.
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/database/alphalist.php

I also use this webpage to help look for particular names at St. Gabriel's
if I don't find them above (although you have to get the spelling right or
it won't find the name):
http://sofyalarus.info/searches.html

> I am thinking of creating a small database of Anglo-Saxon names myself as
> none seems to exist.

Have you seen The Prosopography of Anglo-Saxon England (PASE) - a database
which aims to provide structured information relating to all the recorded
inhabitants of England from the late sixth to the late eleventh century?  -
http://www.pase.ac.uk/index.html

There are names indexes from the Domesday book also.  If you find (or make)
other useful references, I'll be happy to add them here:
http://scaheraldry.wikispaces.com/Anglo-Saxon+Names

> In Service,
> Wulfhere

At your service,