Hi Amberly!

I can see where the post might be intimidating to new folk, and I may write
a simpler "how to." You are entirely correct though, choosing a name need
not be a Herculean task. I know most of the names I have documented have
been in only an hour or so. As for not choosing a name right off the bat
that was one of the first things I was told many years ago, and I was glad
I was told that.I think too many times folks are made to think they need to
have a name right away. I mean after all your society name is on your
membership card if you are a paid member! To be honest I have been in the
SCA off and on since the '80s and I did not bother to attempt to register a
name until this year. Anyhow thanks for the comments! And a post on why to
register a name is an excellent idea!

In Service,
Wulfhere Amlesmore Herald