Greetings Dorcas!

I do not know if I am reading what you said right, but it sounds like you
thought I meant that newcomers should have to do their own name research.
That is not what I intended to say here, or what I meant in my blog. The
idea was to let folks know how name research is done. And I do feel such
resources as lists of names would be helpful for newcomers to see so they
could choose a name that a herald could then research for them and
document, Part of the problem I have been seeing is that folks do not know
what choices they have as far as names go. They do not know for example
Offa may be available for them if they are wanting a 9th century
Anglo-Saxon persona. A simple list would be handy for that. They could look
at a list of names and pick one they like and then go to a herald with
their choice(s). I know many would rather not have to go looking for
sources to document a name. It would be like expecting me to research
weaving just to have a surcoat made. It is not going to happen as I have no
interest there. Anyway, I did not want you thinking I meant newcomers
should have to learn all the rules, how to document a name, learn how to
submit a name and device, and such. I feel a herald should do that kind of
work if the person does not have an interest in anything other than getting
their name submitted and registered. I do apologize for poorly wording my
statement, and my blog post, and giving the wrong impression. I am a writer
and should know better how to explain what I mean. And I also apologize if
I took what you said the wrong way.

In Service,
Wulfhere of Eofeshamme Amlesmore Herald