Wulfhere said:

"They could look at a list of names and pick one they like and then go to a herald with their choice(s)."

Or they could go to a consulting table at an event.  They'll find books there, with names.  They'll find heralds there, with expertise, rockin' it old school!

There are consulting tables at many events, especially the larger ones.  There was one at Krist Kinder, and at 12th Night.  Hmm, I didn't see one at Chieftains, or Crown Tournament.  I could probably do one at Melees & Mayhem, and possibly at Horse & Falcons.  There'll be a consulting table at Lilies War.  It will be open most, if not all, of the week.

Heralds have ALWAYS tried to provide lists of names for people to pick from.  I just now realized that what I'm responding negatively to is your suggestion that providing lists of names is somehow a new idea.  Maybe that's not what you meant.  Please tell me that's not what you meant.

I cannot read your blog post, since I'm at work, and it's blocked.  I'm only responding to your, and others', emails on this list.

Dorcas
and I finally figured out how to trim my replies!
still top-posting, though...