Greetings!...

For the last several years, we have held the Known World Poetry Competition at Pennsic. This year it will be held on the Monday of War Week in conjunction with Artisan’s Row. It will be on Monday, August 4th, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Tent 16 facing Artisan’s Row. Please turn in your entries between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon for judging. Then, return at 2:00 to perform your poem to earn extra points. If you can, please bring an extra copy to put on display. However, being poets we do understand that your poem may be written the night before. Please provide documentation or a paragraph telling the judges the medieval genre of your poem.
Now, as to the theme . . . please portray for us in poetry your impression of the sights and sounds of Pennsic. Extra points will be given for the use of onomatopoeia (portraying a sound in words) in your poem. Your poem may be fun or serious. Even if you do not want to enter, bring your poem for the populace to enjoy and commentary.
By the way, I do need a few judges. Please contact Lady Katarzyna Witkowska at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions or want to volunteer to help with judging. The current Poeta Atlantiae, Lady Deirdre O’Bardon, will be one of the judges.
Please don’t forget we will be open all day for Poetry at Artisan’s Row. It was very informative and great fun last year. We hope you will come and join us.

Yours in service,

Lady Katarzyna Witkowska
Barony of Bright Hills
Kingdom of Atlantia

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.