From: Historical Recreation in Mag Mor [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Eric & Opal Doerr
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 11:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] JAV Renfair

You all ROCK!
Sunday evening, I was writing down names of everyone who contributed their
time in various ways to make our part of the James Arthur Vineyard RenFair
happen this year.  The list was pretty amazing -- 49 people! Wow!

 From Mag Mor, that included:
Aibhilin, Arthur, Aviendha, Belinda, Cain, Calien, Callaghan, Caterine,
Catherine (Cat), Christien, Dianaim, Etienette, Feliciano, Gerald, Gwyneth,
Gyda, Halldora, Isabeau, Isadora, Jane, Keesha, Killian, Leofwyna,
Lorenzino, Luther, Maire, Morgana, Natalya, Owain, Perrin, Randwulf,
Raynaldus, Robert, Seraphina, Sigtrygg, The One Called Dave, Theron,
Vilhjalmr, Volkmar, Volund, William, Yoichi, and Andrew & Micky's young
daughter (Help me with her name... I was getting "blurry"
by the end of the day when she was helping with take-down...sorry!) And, if
they had 't been "under the weather," I know Sashatec and Osric would have
been there, too. Hope you're both feeling better!

 From Lonely Tower, that included:
Christina, Dolan, Kezia, Nessa, Thora, and the marvelous young lady who
calls Christina "mom" --- help me with her name, please!

We had many, many aspects of life in Renaissance times represented:
fighting - both rattan & steel, archery, music, flax processing, wood
working, carding, spinning, inkle weaving, card weaving, embroidery,
komihimo, hand sewing, Viking swing braid, calligraphy, Viking woven chain,
wire wrapped ring making, and samples and recipes for period ginger brede
and Shrewsbury cake. The queen of the fair was drawn from Mag Mor's ranks
and MM folk provided costumes & assistance for the photographer.

All those people visiting the fair must have seen us having fun, because I
have 29 postcards (so far, some may not be turned in yet) to mail to people
who were interested in our newcomers day event on June 1. Way to go,
everyone!!!

Thank you all!
-- Isadora