Have you gotten someone to make the pickled beets & cauliflower?   -- Isadora

On 5/29/2014 2:31 PM, Theron & Laura wrote:

Thanks so much, Seraphina!  However, Sabi replied off list earlier and offered to make the olive paste, so I had her down for that.

The recipe for the cheese round is below.  If there’s something else you’d like to make, let me know, and I’ll send you the recipe.

As for other potential volunteers, here’s what’s is remaining to be made:

  1. Pickled beets & cauliflower – veggies pickled with honey, vinegar, onion, & spices
  2. Dulcia Domestica -- dates stuffed with nuts & cooked in honey
  3. Sausage “Hedgehogs” – seasoned ground pork stuck with almond “spines” and baked
  4. Badinjan Muhassa  -- Eggplant paste to go on bread/crackers

YIS,
Gwyneth

Cheese Round with Herbs (Garlic)

Appendix Vergilam (Ancient Roman)

4 garlic cloves, celery, rue, coriander, salt grains, cheese.

1 lb. ricotta

2-3 cloves garlic (depending on size), crushed

1 T. celery leaves, minced

½ t. salt (generous)

4 t. fresh cilantro leaves, minced

Mix all ingredients.  Chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours.  Check seasonings and add more, if desired.  Serve with bread or crackers.