A royalty would be best but if that's not a possibility what are the
options. The section on children's books in the GAG guidelines says flat
fees are actually quite common in kids books - and I'm certain it will be
all I get on this current project. So, I'm just thinking about new ways of
parsing copyrights.

I'm working on another kids book where I am getting paid relatively little
but I have also given very limited copyrights to the author and a heads up
that I will be asking for more if the book is a success and he wants to
extend copyrights.

I guess time limited rights might also be appropriate for ebooks.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Britt Griswold <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But you can't control, or predict, how much is sold through each channel,
> so a royalty on each sold through whatever channel is more appropriate I
> think.
>
> Britt
>

> On 5/20/14, 1:29 PM, Lore Ruttan wrote:
>
>> After reading these links, it strikes me that one way to parse out rights
>> for ebooks might be
>> according to e format, e.g. Kindle, Nook, iBook, iApp, etc etc.....

> instructions at

*Lore Ruttan, *Ph.D.

Lore Ruttan Illustration <http://www.loreruttanillustration.com>