As a follow-up to the very insightful responses I received for a posting
one year ago, I wonder if any of you might know of any published
commentaries, reviews, or peer-reviewed studies that report the number of
images (illustrations or photographs) in peer-reviewed science
publications.

If so, please share!  I am planning to submit a publication soon on the
decreasing number of images in animal behavior journals and am seeking
published hypotheses/explanations relevant to this.

Thank you!
cheers, barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology