I have an older model Wacom that I've put on the roll-out keyboard tray;
the keyboard itself is on the desktop just above it, so I can easily
move from one to the other.

This does put me back a bit far from my screen, so I have a pair of
computer-only eyeglasses that are set for the greater-than-normal
distance between me and the iMac.

Gail

On 5/23/14 4:12 PM, Linda Feltner wrote:
> I love the Intuos touch pro, and the feature that I really like is the
> east of rotating the canvas on the screen. Since I've only used a
> newer intuos, I'm not sure if your model has the same features as
> mine. But in Photoshop, there is a rotate (the canvas), and that is
> done in the PS program. The tablet I has lets me use the  disk to do
> the amount of rotating.
>
> Several folks mentioned their table-top setup for using the tablet. I
> found that I still like to use keyboard commands (especially with the
> left hand) as well as the programmable features on the tablet. So I
> have my extended keyboard resting above and and third of the way to
> the left of center over my tablet, which is fairly large, and it sits
> in front of me, where the keyboard would normally sit.  The keys are
> then accessible with my left hand without resting or dragging over the
> keyboard.
>
> I did not like drawing off to the side. I did that with an old Wacom
> Blue tablet but not this big one.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Linda
>
> _____________________
> Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
> P.O. Box 325
> Hereford, AZ 85615
> (520) 803-0538
> www.lindafeltner.com <http://www.lindafeltner.com>
>

> On May 23, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Lore Ruttan wrote:
>
>> Following on Bruce's heels, a question I've had is how people set up
>> their work space when they are using a drawing tablet?
>>
>> I've been trying to learn to use my Wacom Intuos tablet (a fairly old
>> model) and I still find it very awkward. The biggest obstacle is that
>> I keep needing to use the keyboard for Shift, Delete, Numbers, etc
>> etc but the keyboard feels in the way. Also, when I draw with a real
>> pencil I am constantly turning my drawing pad. I can turn the tablet
>> but the image on screen doesn't turn so it is very disconcerting.
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated! Lore
>>
>> --
>> /Lore Ruttan, /Ph.D.
>>
>> Lore Ruttan Illustration <http://www.loreruttanillustration.com/>