Thank you, Britt for your continuing information and links to this subject!
Linda
_____________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538

On May 20, 2014, at 9:47 AM, Britt Griswold wrote:

A link to someone willing to list prices (again not suggesting these are proper prices):
http://www.cegur.com/Pricepages/BookIllustration.html

Some advice on making ebooks from an Illustrator- Is it worth it?:
http://willterry.blogspot.com/2011/04/ebooks-are-they-worth-making.html
This is worth your 23 min. of your time if you are thinking about self publishing.  In general this blog by Will Terry seems very worthwhile on all topics related to illustration and children's books.

And here is some tech info on formatting ebooks for self publishing through Barns & Nobel (pubit- 3 years old now) plus general stuff on others:
http://willterry.blogspot.com/2011/04/part-2-ebooks-formatting-etc.html

In general I would say, if you are contributing art to a project, not initiating the project, you want to charge what it takes to cover your standard time and overhead, especially if it is custom art you have little hope of reselling elsewhere.
If you are working on a ebook project for two months, you need to get 1/6th of your annual income out of it, especially if they make it work-for-hire. Otherwise you need some of the royalties.

Britt Griswold
Manager, http://www.science-art.com
bgriswold_at_science-art.com