Great resources - and the blog video post by Will Terry was EXCELLENT.
Thanks!

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Lore Ruttan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
A royalty would be best but if that's not a possibility what are the options. The section on children's books in the GAG guidelines says flat fees are actually quite common in kids books - and I'm certain it will be all I get on this current project. So, I'm just thinking about new ways of parsing copyrights.

I'm working on another kids book where I am getting paid relatively little but I have also given very limited copyrights to the author and a heads up that I will be asking for more if the book is a success and he wants to extend copyrights.

I guess time limited rights might also be appropriate for ebooks.