As a follow-up to the very insightful responses I received for a posting one year ago, I wonder if any of you might know of any published commentaries, reviews, or peer-reviewed studies that report the number of images (illustrations or photographs) in peer-reviewed science publications.

If so, please share!  I am planning to submit a publication soon on the decreasing number of images in animal behavior journals and am seeking published hypotheses/explanations relevant to this.

Thank you!
cheers, barrett

barrett klein
Department of Biology