Good idea, Cat.

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Barry K. MacKay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Excellent idea.

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Catherine Wilson
Sent: May-03-14 11:28 AM

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Work for free is not confined to art

Hello all!

SO many things to say, but before I start rambling. I stumbled on a great GREAT idea to stop working for free/lowballing and help artists value price their work. A friend of mine is an ecologist and participated in a website where ecologists can post anonymously what jobs they took and what they were paid.

This would be an amazing tool for the next generation of guild members. We could have something like that on the website, a place to post type of job, pay and level of experience that is visible to guild members.

Arming younger artist with what pricing could help them realise their value and keep them from the work for exposure pit.

What do you think? I would certainly renew my membership for such a service.