The wiles and wherefores of law are often confounding.  Back in the 80's hospitals and community pharmacies started banding together in groups so they could receive lower (bulk) prices from wholesalers.  Nope.  Price fixing.  It almost took an act of Congress (this was when Congress was still able to act) to allow this process to continue.

Freedom of speech?  I didn't know you lived in Europe.

:)b