Couldn't resist sharing this flowchart...I refer to it once in a while and it really helps calibrate the compass, so to speak.   :) Thanks, Molly

http://www.shouldiworkforfree.com/

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Barry K. MacKay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Two of the things confuse Canadians…why Americans don’t want the government to help protect them against the effects of disease and illness (but seem to have no problem with obscene amounts to protect them from the vastly less dangerous and widespread threat of terrorists…a minute fraction of one percent of what illness does in terms of hurting Americans, killing them, and damaging them economically), and the other is why our own increasingly fanatical leader seems to want to emulate that.

There are quite a few other things…but, if I mention them I’ll get accused of (a) being anti-American (I’m not, anything but, in fact) and (b) someone will complain that I’m way too far off topic.    One does not want collusion, but I can’t imagine how telling people how much you earn for a given job equals anything like powerful companies getting together to fix prices, or how telling people what they can say constitutes free speech…up here who would care?.

Are not artists usually among the freest and the most enterprising of free enterprisers?

Barry

Barry Kent MacKay

Bird Artist, Illustrator

Studio: (905)-472-9731