That's excellent, Barb.  Thank you.  By the way, shooting messengers is not in my job description.

This is such a common situation, one that is usually addressed in courses on the business aspect of being a creative.  I wonder, however, if the public realizes this, and how it might influence their perceptions of "glamorous" industries like the fashion world if they did.