Dear Sharon:
Like Britt said, the question is broad.
I would suggest contacting the organization, and get details of what kind of field research is going to be given with their program.

It's a good question though. What kind of tools and resources does one need in the field? Many times we go to the field, look around, gather data, take pictures, sketch, then get back to the studio and find we didn't look for such-and-such.

So, what you'll be doing and the habitat will be best provided by the organizers. There is so much to consider in any habitat. Also consider the team leaders in the field. What are their credentials? I would think it would be their responsibility to make sure you got the most out of the experience. But we all bring our special interests to the field, and so do the instructors.

Best wishes,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325