Dr. Scholtz,

    There are many aphodiine scarabs in scattered groups that are known
to be myrmecophiles or termitophiles. However, I do not know of any
single reference discussing them all. There are only scattered bits of
literature and revisions where the associations are mentioned.

       Paul

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paul E. Skelley, Ph.D.

Entomology Section Administrator

Florida State Collection of Arthropods

Division of Plant Industry/Entomology

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Desk (352) 395-4678

Fax (352) 395-4614

Receptionist (352) 395-4700

The Doyle Conner Building

1911 SW 34th St

Gainesville, Florida 32608 USA

or

P.O.Box 147100

Gainesville, Florida 32614-7100, USA

www.FreshFromFlorida.com <http://www.freshfromflorida.com/>

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119,
Florida Statutes).

Most written communications to or from state employees are public
records obtainable

by the public upon request. Emails sent to me at this email address may
be considered

public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential
pursuant to the

laws of the State of Florida.