From: 5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Cody
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [5BANKSTREET] My mistake on your Cather calendar!

Fellow Cahterians,

My obsession with Cather and Trees lead me to a moment in One of Ours when Claude witnesses "[p]ear trees trained like vines."  I had never heard of that and never knew they could be forced to grow that way.  I then did some image searching.  I thought I'd share what I found and included in my project for those of you who are equally in the dark about such pear tree planting.  Cather's knowledge of trees truly is amazing.

--Jim

http://jcody6underwillacatherstrees.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/pear-tree-2/

Jim Cody, D.Litt.
Professor