Thanks Drx, and a noble pursuit it was.

-- Logan --

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Steven Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In truest heart of Calontir, by shore of Sea Forgotten,
A lady dwells, beloved by all, a treasure of the Kingdom.
Through all her years, We've seen her grow in value to the Heartland.
Such duties done, such service wrought, 'tis time to give full honor.
In winter's chill at Market-time she merchant army mustered,
That some might sell and all might buy, while orders sat in conclave.
Likewise when sun did burn the land, near mooring of Fyrdraca,
Broad ways she'd plat through marketplace, so crowds could move unhindered,
And elsewhere would she work and toil, preparing land for warfare.
Wben law decreed new Monarchs crowned, she hired a great cathedral
Where nobles, peers and commons all did view the Coronation.
The queens she's served with brimming cup and selfless gift of leisure
All to the chorus add their voice approving of this action.
Martino Rex of Calontir, who bears the Kingly scepter,
And Ariel, His chosen Queen, would elevate Their subject.
For years of toil and service fine, an Order was created,
Which bears the mark of Heartland's Cross, true symbol of Our Kingdom.
Within its ranks, a storied host, the Falcon's staunchest servants.
It shall include forever more Miranda Logansdottir.
Its badge she'll bear, all ancient rights, and access to its chapters.
Her voice shall carry equal weight to others deemed so worthy.
That she should not a pauper be, supporting new-gained station,
We grant her tenth of tenth part's toll, of traders' duty rendered,
Dispensed each year at Lily's-tide, when warring armies muster,
As long as Falcon rules the sky, and host wears purple tabards.

By these words did Martino Rex and Ariel Regina create and confirm Miranda Logansdottir as a Companion of the Order of the Cross of Calontir, issuing her Arms by Grant, and acknowledging all customary rights enjoyed by the Companions of said Order starting this nineteenth day of June, in the fortyninth year of the Society. Proclaimed at Our War of the Lilies.

M.      A.
Rex.   Regina.

This evening I had the chance to complete a long sought quest. I was
able to have a scroll text read for the last of four members of the same family.
My thanks to Their Majesties, and Their various predecessors for Their
allowing me this indulgence.

Andrixos