Hi Amy, I have a lightweight $30 IKEA Lack coffee table set on top of my desk, legs cut to fit my height.  There's enough room for my mouse, keyboard, Wacom drawing tablet and a cup of coffee. It's been totally great. I put it up and down to alternate between sitting and standing a couple of times a day. Because it's so light, no problem. I looked around for "real" standing desks before doing this, and didn't find anything that would work as well for what I do.
The listserv won't let photo attachments go through, so email me privately if you want to see it.
Jen Gibas

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM, SCIART-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Topics of the day:

  1. artists studios and working while standing up (7)

Date:    Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:18:59 -0400
From:    "Amy J. Gagnon" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: artists studios and working while standing up

Hi there,
Recently, I have been searching for a drawing table that can be raised to
standing height. I was wondering if there are a lot of other
artists/illustrators who have found solutions for working while standing up?

I was also searching for something like a wall-mounted easel for painting,
and what do you know, I found something that combines both of these ideas.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1417939992/frey-desk-flexible-workspace-for-creative-people

This also got me wondering what other artist's studios look like, how they
are organized, etc.  I would love to see some examples!

Thanks,

Amy