Being on a budget, I really wanted a drafting table and couldn't find one
that I liked in my price range. I wanted a pretty large surface to work on.
I ended up building my own tabletop drafting board. I can't stand up at it
without getting a taller table, but it made a huge difference, especially
for back and neck pain! The final cost of materials was $32, but I already
had tools and leftover wood finish from an old project. I also sit on one
of those yoga balls and that is super helpful for my back and posture.

Here's a blog post that I wrote about it:
http://www.juliehimes.com/sketchblog/back-to-the-drawing-board

And a photo of me working with my assistant, Ash. (please excuse the
mess!). http://www.juliehimes.com/sketchblog/hard-at-work

-Julie

Julie Himes
http://www.juliehimes.com