Here is the original article and the follow-up.

Lynn

From: John M Heraty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:57 AM
To: Lynn Kimsey
Subject: Re: NPR news on collecting

Hi Lynn,

Could you please send me a copy of the article or the reference?

Thanks,

John

On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:57 AM, Lynn Kimsey wrote:

Folks,

I know that some of you signed the letter to Science to counter the anti-collecting article published by Minteer et al. but now NPR has picked up the article giving it airplay (http://www.npr.org/2014/06/18/318307574/is-collecting-animals-for-science-a-noble-mission-or-a-threat). Something needs to be done to further counter this article as making this news will serve to make collecting and species level taxonomy even more difficult than it already is.

Any thoughts?

Lynn Kimsey