Hi all,

Today Systematic Entomology published our study on Aphodius fimetarius and A. pedellus. For distinguishing the two sibling species, Figure 5 alone is probably not sufficient, but together with Table 3, I hope it will work. Let me know if you have questions or problems or suggestions. I might include some updated Table 3 in a paper on Colorado scarabs that I intend to submit later this year, and am happy to help with identifications (but will be travelling a lot this summer).

Cheers

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell

Curator of Entomology

Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80205-5798 USA
Phone: (+1) (303) 370-8244
Fax: (+1) (303) 331-6492

lab page: http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

The Denver Museum of Nature & Science aspires to create a community of critical thinkers who understand the lessons of the past and act as responsible stewards of the future.