Forward by request - Brigida

-------- Original Message --------
And now -- meeting minutes! Many thanks to Lady Kathryn Wynterbourne for
taking notes!

Minutes, Meeting of the Calontir Fiber and Needle Guild Summer Crown,
July 12, 2014

In attendance (in the order signed in): HL Giraude Benet (Guild Head),
Mistress Amanda of Coldcastle, Baroness Almeda of Anglesey, Baroness
Kezia von Holzenhaus, HL Kristine Nic Taillier, Lady Melisent McAffee,
HL Esther bat Moshe, Kristen Walter, HL Ruth of Carlsby, HL Gyda Glora,
HL Inga in Danska, HE Dejaneira de la Mille Coeur, Lady Mea Guiseppi de
Firenze, Lady Sibilla Swain, HL Caoilfhionn inghen Cheallaigh, HL Runa
Ketilsdottir, Lady Kathryn Wynterbourne (Assistant Guild Head), Mistress
Eleanor Deyeson, and HL Johanne of Fishers Gate.

HL Giraude called the meeting to order shortly after 2pm. She thanked
everyone who attended Lilies and either taught or took a class at the
Fiber Tent. The class roster was full this year, and she appreciates
everyone who did so much to make it a success.

The Guild banner made for the "Guild Wars" Lilies War had been returned
to HL Giraude by Mistress Thora. Giraude displayed the banner for all to
see, and the Guild will use it at upcoming events and Wars. HL Johanne
mentioned that Twilleliah nic Tallier is painting a banner with the
Guild badge on it, which we will also use at events to highlight the
Guild presence.

At the Lilies business meeting we had discussed registering a domain
name and establishing a new Guild website. Giraude hasn't made progress
on this front yet, but she and Mistress Dejaneira will meet soon to
figure out the logistics. (Misterss Dejaneira had volunteered at the
Lilies meeting to cover the expense of the new website and hosting.)

Giraude brought up Lady Kathryn Wynterbourne's previous proposal for
further discussion. Kathryn had proposed that the Guild take nominations
of deserving individuals and have the Guild make th at person an item
appropriate for their persona as a gift to reward or inspire them.
Logistics of how to take nominations and select an individual in time to
have an item made by a specific event was discussed. It was proposed
that we follow Baron Avraham's example of making and giving away chairs
and support new people by making should bags or belt pouches. These bags
or pouches would be given to the Crown to give out to newcomers at their
first event like the ceramic cups are now to have a greater variety of
items for the Crown to give, and to give the potters a bit of a break.
It would be a group effort. Weavers would make cloth and weave bands for
the bags and straps. Embroiders would make things with which to decorate
the bags. It was proposed by HL Esther that the Toys for Tots event
would be an ideal time/place to assemble the bags since there is usually
time and space for a project like this at that site. Woven "Made for you
by _____" tags were suggested by HL Runa. Signed cards in each bag could
let the recipient know which Guild members contributed to the item they
received. A vote was taken, and the project was unanimously accepted.

The subject of largesse for the Crown was also discussed. The Crown
especially needs items for largesse before Pennsic such as bags (easier
to transport than baskets), and stuff to fill them with. Guild members
are encouraged to bring donations of largesse to Calon Con and Feast of
Eagles, which are the two events between Coronation and Pennsic. Lady
Sibilla, the Largesse Coordinator for TRMs Agamemnon and Gwen was
present at the meeting and added her encouragement and suggestions.
Giraude mentioned that she had a bag of medallion cords from Lady
Kathryn Wynterbourne and seal tags from Lavinia to pass along to Lady
Sibilla.

Lady Kristine Nic Taillier then brought up a proposal from the
proprietors of the Broken Harp, of which she is a representative. There
are tents at the Harp with tables and seating that go unused during the
day, and the Harp would like to offer the use of these tents to the
Fiber and Needle Guild for the purposes of having workshops and open
crafting time. This year at Lilies War the Fiber and Needle Guild had a
smaller tent for classes, which eliminated the possibility of this kind
of open, less structured work space for less formal teaching and
socializing. The proposal was agreed to gratefully and unanimously by
the Guild members present at the meeting.

It was then proposed that by having the space to use at the Harp, the
Fiber and Needle Guild could then give up the Fiber Tent that the Lilies
Committee has been providing and paying for for the last number of
years. HL Giraude said that this was something that we should announce
and discuss with the members of the Fiber and Needle Guild who were not
in attendance. In general disc ussion, it was brought up that once we
give up that tent, it will likely be difficult to get back, and there is
value in having the Fiber and Needle Guild presence in the Fiber Tent.
The point was also made that we shouldn't hold on to it just for the
sake of holding on to it if we had other space we could use, and have
our members teach their more formal classes in the regular RUSH tents.
Giraude will post this as a topic for discussion in both the Guild Yahoo
Group and on the Guild Facebook page. A vote will be taken on whether to
give up the Fiber Tent at the next Business meeting at Fall Crown.

After such a full and productive meeting, HL Giraude called for a motion
to close the meeting. A motion was made, seconded and carried, and the
meeting was brought to a close.

Yours in Service,

HL Giraude Benet
Guild Head