Pennsic: Scientific Instrument Day on Artisan's Row - Friday August 1st

For those of us that like to put the science into Arts and Sciences, Artisan's Row at Pennsic this year will have a day devoted to scientific instruments and tools.

Friday of Peace Week I will be organizing a day of displays and demonstrations of the tools and instruments of medieval science. I am looking for like-minded artists and artisans who are involved in making and using such tools to spend a few hours displaying their work and sharing their knowledge.

I'm being very broad in my definition of both science and tool here: For example, someone willing to demonstrate medieval methods of casting astrological natal charts would be welcome.

So, If your interest is in the scientific tools and instrumentation of the period, be it navigation, timekeeping, surveying, alchemical glassware, weights and measures, astronomical, etc. Please get in touch with me. If you cannot display, please feel free to stop by and say hello.

I will be set up to demonstrate and teach concerning astrolabes, quadrants and sundials; and I'm planning demonstrations of drafting sundials and astrolabe components using period techniques.

Master Richard Wymarc
http://astrolabeproject.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.