Thank you for your service.

Gwendolyn
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2014, at 10:05 PM, Bruce Lapham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Right worshipful and my especial Calon family, I recommend me to your gentility, beseeching you that ye take not to displeasure though I write you to say that I must take my leave of you as your Kingdom Seneschal.

It has been just one and a half years since I took on the mantle of Kingdom Seneschal, but it is already time to think towards the future. To that end, Their Royal Highnesses and I have discussed a timeline for finding my successor. If you are interested in applying for one of the most rewarding positions I have ever known, please send your letter of application to Their Royal Highnesses and I on or before the day of the Tournament of Valor (August 30 to September 1 2014).

Your application does not need to be as detailed as you would submit for a modern job application. Tell us about your SCA experience (offices you have held, events you have run, important associations you are proud of). Tell us about any modern world experience that might help (customer service experience, supervisory experience). Tell us why you want the job (chance to serve, interested in the inner workings of the Kingdom, lust for power). Calontir is interested in who can do the job well, not who looks the prettiest. Whether you have been in the SCA for 5 years or 50, if this is the challenge you wish to pursue, send us your letter.

Interviews will be scheduled for Kings Company of Archers. A decision will be made before Crown tourney, so that my successor will be able to have a guided tour of the Seneschal’s responsibilities for that event. And then my successor will take over at Toys for Tots.

If you have any questions about what it is like to work for the greatest Kingdom in the Known World, just ask.

I remain a servant of the Heartland.
Maighster Murdoch, Calon Steward