Greetings unto Mag Mor and Lonely Tower from Vasilla, minister of youth in
charge of this year's Cattle Raids.

I hope to see many, if not most of you at Cattle Raids this year.  We're
looking forward to a very Greek-flavored event and the Youth Activities
will reflect this theme as well.

This year, our youth will be entertained with a great line-up of activities
that will allow for both active and cool-down activities.  I wanted you all
to know what I'm up to for three reasons:
1.  I want your kiddos to come play with me!
2.  I need volunteers throughout the day to assist in the games and
activities
3.  I'd like to provide the opportunity for MoY-interested persons to learn
some of the cool ways you can organize and think about activities for MoY
stuff at other events.

Also, make sure to read this all the way through if you have kids who plan
to come play with me.  There's important information at the end whether you
volunteer or not.

My line-up for activities are as follows and I would love to have you
volunteer, if you're so inclined, for one or more of the activities:

Saturday, August 30:
10:00 - 10:30:  Boffer tourney (I've asked Charles and Yoichi via Facebook
to help with marshaling this, but I'd love to include other fighter types
who might be willing to help out!)

10:30 - 11:00:  Drum Decorating (Need assistance with materials and
answering questions as the kids use markers to decorate their wooden drum
frames)

11:00 - 11:30:  Mini Olympics Parade (need assistance with getting
participants instructed, wreathed, and help with the torch relay about the
site).

11:30 - 12:00:  Taping drums (this is a non-kid activity.  We'll be using
packing tape to make the drum heads on the frames that were decorated
earlier in the morning.  It's easy.  I can show how in like 10 seconds.).

1:00 - 1:30:  More drum taping (non-kid activity.  Finish taping the drum
frames with packing tape).

1:30 - 2:30:  Mini Olympics (need someone to help assist with setting the
fields, marking landing spots, assisting with competition match ups, etc,
and help passing out drums as participants wish to collect them. Then we'll
do a presentation complete with medals at the end.)

2:30 - 3:00: Greek Gold Hunt (need someone to help get participants lined
up, guide younger participants, etc. This is a variation of the farm animal
game that's always loud and fun.)

3:00 - 3:30:  Seraphina's A&S Show and Tell (We have this one covered, but
I invite any interested persons to join us to see what the kids are doing
for A&S projects and to ask them about their projects.)

3:30 - 4:00:  Aesop's Fables & snack (someone to help pass out fruit snacks
and keep the water cups full while I read, possibly with puppets, some of
the less ethereal Aesop's fables as we gear down to be calm for Court.)

Please send me a note directly to Baronessvasilla AT gmail DOT com if you
have interest in helping out for any of these activities.

Please also note that per the Ministry of Youth's meeting at CalonCon,
youth participants in the MoY activities who are 12 years of age or younger
need to have a parent or designated guardian *within sight and sound range
of the youth activity*.  I also request that any participants in my
activities who are 5 years old or younger must have a parent or designated
guardian with them during the activity so that I may make sure that all
participants are receiving the attention they deserve and need throughout
the activity.

Thanks to all of you who are willing to join in the fun!

Vasilla
Dread Baroness of the West and Kid-Wrangler