Greetings unto Mag Mor and Lonely Tower from Vasilla, minister of youth in charge of this year's Cattle Raids.

I hope to see many, if not most of you at Cattle Raids this year.  We're looking forward to a very Greek-flavored event and the Youth Activities will reflect this theme as well.

This year, our youth will be entertained with a great line-up of activities that will allow for both active and cool-down activities.  I wanted you all to know what I'm up to for three reasons:
1.  I want your kiddos to come play with me!
2.  I need volunteers throughout the day to assist in the games and activities
3.  I'd like to provide the opportunity for MoY-interested persons to learn some of the cool ways you can organize and think about activities for MoY stuff at other events.

Also, make sure to read this all the way through if you have kids who plan to come play with me.  There's important information at the end whether you volunteer or not.

My line-up for activities are as follows and I would love to have you volunteer, if you're so inclined, for one or more of the activities:

Saturday, August 30:
10:00 - 10:30:  Boffer tourney (I've asked Charles and Yoichi via Facebook to help with marshaling this, but I'd love to include other fighter types who might be willing to help out!)

10:30 - 11:00:  Drum Decorating (Need assistance with materials and answering questions as the kids use markers to decorate their wooden drum frames)

11:00 - 11:30:  Mini Olympics Parade (need assistance with getting participants instructed, wreathed, and help with the torch relay about the site).

11:30 - 12:00:  Taping drums (this is a non-kid activity.  We'll be using packing tape to make the drum heads on the frames that were decorated earlier in the morning.  It's easy.  I can show how in like 10 seconds.).

1:00 - 1:30:  More drum taping (non-kid activity.  Finish taping the drum frames with packing tape).

1:30 - 2:30:  Mini Olympics (need someone to help assist with setting the fields, marking landing spots, assisting with competition match ups, etc, and help passing out drums as participants wish to collect them. Then we'll do a presentation complete with medals at the end.)

2:30 - 3:00: Greek Gold Hunt (need someone to help get participants lined up, guide younger participants, etc. This is a variation of the farm animal game that's always loud and fun.)

3:00 - 3:30:  Seraphina's A&S Show and Tell (We have this one covered, but I invite any interested persons to join us to see what the kids are doing for A&S projects and to ask them about their projects.)

3:30 - 4:00:  Aesop's Fables & snack (someone to help pass out fruit snacks and keep the water cups full while I read, possibly with puppets, some of the less ethereal Aesop's fables as we gear down to be calm for Court.)

Please send me a note directly to Baronessvasilla AT gmail DOT com if you have interest in helping out for any of these activities.

Please also note that per the Ministry of Youth's meeting at CalonCon, youth participants in the MoY activities who are 12 years of age or younger need to have a parent or designated guardian within sight and sound range of the youth activity.  I also request that any participants in my activities who are 5 years old or younger must have a parent or designated guardian with them during the activity so that I may make sure that all participants are receiving the attention they deserve and need throughout the activity.

Thanks to all of you who are willing to join in the fun!

Vasilla
Dread Baroness of the West and Kid-Wrangler