Cameron,

What kind of problem did you have with your RAID? I'm asking because I just set up a RAID system.

I used to just have multiple external drives, but at 8 drives and counting, it became ridiculous (4 drives, 4 clones of those drives). One drive did fail, but the clone was there and all my info was safe.

I set up my own RAID system, using two 4TB hard drives. I have too many files and too-large files to use a service such as Dropbox for backup. I did look at Carbonite, but if you have a Mac, they only run backups from your hard drive (not external hard drives). Not to mention I moved to a rural location and use DSL, which is substantially slower than my previous premium cable internet.

Would appreciate any advice or info you can provide.

Karen