Hannah,

A resolution of 150dpi at final size is what is standard for these things. That is a bit larger than
Photoshop's normal max pixel size of 30,000px dimension.  That may no longer be the limit (a little
research would be wise), but if you are painting digitally, you will probably have to work in
sections. If you are painting by hand, you may be able to get by doing it 1/4 size, and use a small
brush when you get to doing details. Then have it scanned professionally.

You might contact Sally Bensusen, Lynette Cook, or myself off the list for some ideas on pricing.

Britt