This is a really good idea, Jane. Thank you for mentioning this. At
the beginning of the class I plan to include some basic discussion
about values as they relate to rendering simple shapes. So this will
set the stage. I can suggest they use the tracing paper technique in
the classroom with their students as an initial exercise.

All the best,
Lynette