I also have an Epson 1800 that I loved, but unfortunately got busy with other things and didn't use it for quite a while and the inkjet noxxles got clogged. I tried following a youtucbe video on cleaning them, but the printer has never been the same.

Cindy

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Lana Johnson wrote:

 MaryBeth,

I also had my R1800 die not too long ago.  I've replaced it with the Epson R2000 but still haven't had a chance to use it much.  It was easy to set up -- wireless -- and the few prints I've made with it are of good quality.  The ink cartridges that came with  the printer must have been the start up variety because I'm already getting low ink reminders.  But, as you say, I think Epson has the best quality and I just have to be resigned to the cost of the ink.

Sandy Williams

www.soundofwings.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MaryBeth Hinrichs < [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">[log in to unmask]>
To: SCIART-L < [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Jul 10, 2014 10:55 pm
Subject: [SCIART] Epson Photo R1800 replacement recommendation [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
Hello all, [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
My beloved Epson R1800 gave up the ghost tonight after over 7 years of wonderful and faithful service - aaack! And my go-to in town computer/printer guru store  has closed for good (also found that out tonight, not one of my better nights). Does anyone have experience with the Epson replacement(s) for the R1800 - the R2000 and R3000?  [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
  [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
Already have vast experience with the ink cost and usage of Epson printers, just have never been satisfied with other brands. [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
  [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
Thanks much, [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">
MaryBeth [log in to unmask])" TARGET="">